This month we are inviting members of the Stamford 2030 District to attend the meeting of the ESF 17 Private Sector group to hear from our colleagues at Eversource and the Connecticut Department of Transportation Bureau of Highways.
With winter just around the corner and memories of last winter still vivid, we have invited colleagues who operate critical infrastructure to brief us on their winter preparations.
If you would like to know:
· How is Eversource organized to address winter emergencies?
· How electrical outages are reported, what happens with unreported outages?
· What are “make safe protocols”?
· Which downed wires/trees get cleared first and why?
· What is the best way to get information on the duration and extent of outages locally and region-wide?
· How is ConnDOT organized to address inclement weather on the highway system and their general procedures and protocols with respect to weather forecasts
· Who plows what? How many miles of roadway is DOT is responsible for and what staffing and equipment resources available
· Trees down/local road/state road/energy company agreements
· What is the best way for businesses to get information on road conditions? Outreach program?
· What triggers a travel ban and generally how much notice is given before the ban is put into effect?
· What agreements does DOT have with other states/contactors when additional help is needed (e.g. similar to agreements that energy companies have)
then this is the meeting to attend!
Please RSVP to Tanya Court if you wuold like to attend: 203-705-0668 or email@example.com