In December, the Leadership Council of the Ann Arbor 2030 District offered a slate for the 2019 election. In January, the AA2030 membership elected the following:
- Property Owner representatives
- Mark Melchi, MAVD
- Neal Warling, JLL
- Irwin Weingarten, QR Management
- Murray Rosenthal, Genesis
- Professional Stakeholder representatives
- Jan Culbertson, A3C
- Gretchen Waters, Washtenaw Contractors Association
- Kia Neely, DTE Energy
- Community Stakeholder representative
- Josh MacDonald, City of Ann Arbor Sustainability
Their first meeting was January 24th where they continued to direct AA2030 committee chairs, volunteers and staff in preparation for our first Annual Report (2018). Additional goals for the upcoming year include expanding membership, securing adequate funding, assisting members with tracking in Portfolio Manager and providing educational opportunities to share experiences making improvements toward reducing energy usage.
Anyone wishing to reduce Ann Arbor's GHG emissions through improvements in the commercial building sector should join the District membership and is encouraged to actively participate in an area of personal interest or expertise.