Property Owners, Managers and Developers
The 2030 District in Ann Arbor will be a groundbreaking high performance building district that aims to dramatically reduce the environmental impacts of building construction and operations, while maximizing Ann Arbor's economic viability and profitability for building owners, managers and developers.
Membership in Ann Arbor's 2030 District involves a multi-disciplinary collaborative effort to meet the District goals.
EXISTING BUILDINGS & INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATIONS
- Energy Use: 50% reduction by 2030*
- Water Use: 50% reduction by 2030**
- Transportation CO2e: 50% reduction by 2030***
NEW BUILDINGS, MAJOR RENOVATIONS & NEW INFRASTRUCTURE
- Energy Use: carbon neutral by 2030
- Water Use: immediate 50% reduction**
- Transportation CO2e: immediate 50% reduction***
Actual use verified and collectively measured against 2000 / 2010 baseline for all properties within District boundary. Intermediate targets for 2020 and 2025 are shown in charts (above).
* energy use below National Median (roughly to an ENERGY STAR score of 50), calcualted by using the 2003 Commercial Building Energy Consumption Survey (CBECS)
** water use below District Average
*** transportation CO2e below District Average