Ann Arbor District Multifamily Group
Interested in joining?
Kevin McNeely: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan Culbertson: email@example.com
For benchmarking assistance: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics of Interest:
- Ann Arbor Benchmarking Ordinance
- Ann Arbor Green Rental Housing Ordinance
- Green Leasing
- Aligning capital improvements with carbon neutrality
- Tenant Engagement
DTE Incentive Program:
The DTE Energy Multifamily Program offers free energy-saving upgrades* for multifamily building owners to save money on utility bills. Contact us to schedule your FREE energy assessment. Following the assessment, you will receive a Multifamily Savings Report that identifies if your property qualifies for direct install and/or in-unit and common area incentives. To get started, request your assessment online. For a detailed list of incentives and program requirements, click here.
Partner with your Tenants through Green Leases:
Benchmark your property(ies):
Email email@example.com for assistance.
Conduct an ENERGY TREASURE HUNT:
Start saving with no- and low-cost approaches, and then use savings to pay for more extensive upgrades:
- Upgrade your lighting. If your building relies on inefficient lighting, such as incandescent, halogen, HID, or T12 fluorescent, you’re missing out on significant savings. Updating your lighting can be a great first step when it comes to making your building an efficient one.
- Operations & maintenance best practices. Efficient building operation reduces operating costs, maintains comfort, and extends equipment lifetime, all without significant capital investment.
- Checklists of energy-saving measures. These checklists include energy-saving measures that can be implemented at no or low cost, or with rapid payback.
- Energy-efficient products. Purchasing efficient products reduces energy costs without compromising quality. Learn more about ENERGY STAR certified products, estimate potential savings, and specify them in your purchasing policies and contracts.
- Energy-saving competitions. Competitions can be a great way to motivate your team to find new efficiencies, engage occupants in your efforts, and multiply savings across your portfolio – all while helping the environment.
- Building upgrades. Maximize your financial and energy savings by taking a staged approached to building upgrades that accounts for energy flows among systems.
- Water, waste, and renewable energy. Check out EPA resources to expand your sustainability work to reduce water use, manage waste and materials, or purchase or install renewable energy.