The Seattle 2030 District is seeking a dedicated staff member to fill the role of Communications and Engagement Manager. The District is a public-private non-profit that works to break down market barriers to building efficiency in an effort to make Seattle and the surrounding communities more sustainable, and contribute to the region’s environmental resilience, livability, and affordability.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications and Engagement Manager is responsible for managing all internal and external communications for the company ensuring its messages are consistent and works closely with staff to manage relationships with 2030 District members and partners.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized relationship and communications manager to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in promoting our organization by creating informative content, press releases, and media opportunities to share our organization’s message and products, while also acting as a strategic voice in member relations
- Develop and produce high-quality, informative, and interesting press releases, press kits, and related materials
- Ensure all messaging aligns with key business strategies
- Develop content for social media, websites, newsletters, press releases and any other distribution channels
- Create presentations, articles, reports, and information for internal use.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with teams for new ideas and strategies related to all aspects of the Seattle 2030 District
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual media activity reports
- Plan, create, and oversee the design, content, and production of marketing materials
- Develop strategies for current and existing products, launches, and promotions
- Identify media and press opportunities
- Building and maintaining relationships with members and key personnel within member organizations.
- Working with staff to set up member meetings
- Letting members know about 2030 District programs and services
- Attending meetings with members to build relationships
- Achieving member relationship targets and KPIs as set by the Executive Director
- Carry out member satisfaction surveys and reviews
- Updating the CRM and making sure staff are aware of the changes within membership
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Demonstrated interest in the environment and sustainable building practices
- One to three years of experience in communications and relationship management
- Experience with technologies and best practices for campaigns across multiple platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to multitask and monitor several projects and accounts on a daily basis
- Ability to take initiative to develop new strategies and outside-the-box ideas for social media.
- Excellent media relations skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Experience with CRM platforms
This is a full-time position based in Seattle. Seattle 2030 District offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Matthew Combe at email@example.com
Seattle 2030 District is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We strive for diversity within our team and persons of color are encouraged to apply