We appreciate your interest in the Pittsburgh 2030 District. This is collaborative effort is working to gain commitment from 100% of property owners and managers in the Pittsburgh 2030 District's boundaries over the next several years.
The Pittsburgh 2030 District is a private sector-led effort utilizing collaboration, incentives, and shared resources to prove the business case for sustainability. Property owners are not required to achieve the goals of the District by legislative mandates, or as individuals. Rather, they do so because full participation in the Pittsburgh 2030 District brings collaboration, shared resources, and financing options that make high-performance buildings the most profitable building type in Pittsburgh. By joining the Pittsburgh 2030 District, your organization expresses commitment to support the district-wide performance goals of the District.
The Pittsburgh 2030 District positions Pittsburgh and its 2030 Partners as leaders in the effort to make Pittsburgh an even better place to live, work, learn, and play.
There are small, medium, and large property owners and managers committed to the District from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors--together representing over 70% of the District's total square footage. An additional cadre of Community and Resource Partners are committed to bringing their expertise, tools, and resources to bear as the District strives to achieve the goals of the 2030 Challenge. See the list of participating Property, Community, and Resource Partners to find out if your neighbor is already a part of the collaborative.
Property Partner Requirements and Benefits
- Conduct regular building performance assessments, and
- Report the following building information to Green Building Alliance (annually, at a minimum):
- Building energy use, water use, and transportation survey data*,
- Insights in best practices, lessons learned, and case studies (when available) to raise the level of performance across the District, and
- Resource, best practice, and technology information; feedback; and lessons learned.
* Confidentiality Note: No individual energy/water use information or transportation data will be released independent of aggregated district totals without the expressed permission of the Property Partner.
- Exclusive invitations to bi-monthly District Partner Meetings,
- Exclusive access to centralized information on financing opportunities and creative building performance strategies,
- Recognition of our properties in all publicized committed partner lists and maps,
- Ongoing education and training from Pittsburgh 2030 District Community and Resource Partners on improving performance through a variety of means, and
- Relative performance information for our properties compared to the District as a whole.
Community and Resource Partner Requirements and Benefits
- Share professional and organizational experience and expertise pertaining to Pittsburgh 2030 District goals.
- Provide education, training, and/or mentorship to Pittsburgh 2030 District Property Owners and Managers and other partners on improving performance through a variety of means.
- Leverage organizational networks and stakeholders to publicize and garner support for the District through organizational communications.
- Exclusive invitations to monthly collaborative meetings with other Pittsburgh 2030 District partners.
- Exclusive access to group purchasing and centralized information on financing opportunities and creative strategies.
- Mention of organization in all publicized partner/member lists.