Known as “The Ice Cream of the Finger Lakes,” Purity has been providing original recipe, small batch ice cream to Central New York for generations. Purity Ice Cream was first produced in 1936 when Leo Guentert opened his shop on Ithaca's First Street. Leo and his wife Sylvia made ice cream crafted with basic, natural ingredients.
In 1998, Bruce and Heather Lane bought Purity with an eye towards revitalizing this Finger Lakes icon. We still use Leo’s original recipes. Ice Cream the way it used to be made! In small batches. With local, high quality ingredients, including BGH-free milk from Upstate NY farms.